The Talented Alan Early

Yesterday morning I woke up with a rhythm in my head.  I thought it was a song; all I had was the rhythm of the lyrics but couldn’t match it with a melody.  I spoke the words out loud to try and find the tune and then I realised; it was a piece of dialogue from Victor & Gord that had snuck into my dreams.

For the past few weeks, I’ve been engrossed in all things Victor & Gord.  Having designed all the marketing material (posters, flyers, viral) and now helping to create video inserts for the show, it’s little wonder that I’m dreaming about it. 

Una first approached me in August and asked me to create a viral for Victor & Gord Cubed.  Following its success at Absolut Fringe, Una asked me back again but this time as an even more involved member of the V&G family.  Since rehearsals started I’ve been attending as much as I can and, along with Una, working out how best to integrate footage from the past shows into this one.  

The video is more than just a reference point to the previous shows, however.  It’s a chorus, where earlier stories and experiences reflect what Vickey, Aine and Jay have to tell us.  It’s a delicate balance; making sure you don’t have too much video that might distract from the performers but at the same time making sure you have enough to enhance their performances.

Meanwhile, as the days are counting down to the opening, I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished show.   It’s a treat that can’t be missed.

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment