Blogging Virgin


So I'm sitting in my house contemplating what in God's name I should write as part of the Victor and Gord blog, having just got off the phone from my sister who has asked me kindly to make an entry. While I'm not an internet phob I am strangley uncomfortable about writing about myself and my thoughts etc. Despite being at one with expressing my thoughts and feelings openly in person , I can't help feel slightly self concsious when it comes to writing them down in words on the big world wide web. But... If we don't face the things we fear we'd never get anything done ( I sure as hell wouldnt have taken part in Victor and Gord back in January had I given into my fears.)

It's kinda great however that in general the things you dread doing or worry about doing most can often be the things that give you the greatest satisfaction. Like if you have to sit an exam or do an interview- you're shitting it before hand but once they go well you feel fantastic! Obvious, yes. But I was thinking about the Fringe which is not so far away and how all the same reservations, anxieties and worries are creeping back into mind- will people like it? Will they think it self indulgent? Is the part I talk about interesting to those who dont know me?? But I know once we get back into the swing of it and start rehearsing those emotions will definately turn to positive emotions and a lot of fun will be had.

It's also really exciting to be working with two new cast members, Jay and Fergus- welcome on board lads! Hopefully you wont end up having nightmares about me bossing you as poor Michael did...

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo Aine !! You and Vickey look like ye're having a fantastically fun time !! I'm looking forward to getting back into rehearsals , to catching up with all the gang and to all the fun that will ensue !!
    Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging Aine... Great first post!

    ReplyDelete