A strange coincidence


I just got back from home ie "The Cloney " today having spent a lovely weekend in Kilkenny with lots of family including Michael , Jaime and Vin my love and some family pets !! After a number of years suggesting to my Mum that we check out a hotel in Ferrybank that a deceased friend of mine loved , we headed off on a Mother/daughter adventure . The hotel is called The Athenaeum and as it turns out is indeed very nice . While sitting in the bar drinking a vodka and cranberry juice , my Mothers words suddenly sent a strange but welcome shiver down my spine . She exclaimed " I think this is Christendom and my Mother worked here as a cook before she was married " . We checked it out and sure enough the hotel was the old country house in question . It was quite emotional . Our Maternal Grandmother died when we were very young and we didn't have the privilege of knowing her well . It seemed eerie in a nice way that I had wanted to go there for years and that my Mother didn't know that where I was urging her to take me was where her Mother had worked . I felt that I had unexpectedly connected with the past and my Grandmother and it was truly beautiful to experience that with my own Mum .

The photo is of Me and Michael with our Mum .

Ali xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment