Victor in LDN



Hey. Hows it going? Victor here. I am just back from a 1,440 minute adventure in London. I flew over to see a brand spanking new band called The XX. They're pretty damn good in my books. Check them out on their
myspace page. They do a really good cover of one of my fave tunes ever - Tear drops on the dancefloor. Met the band outside Hoxton Hall after the gig and they were super lovely - couldnt belive that i flew from Dublin to see them. If anyone's hitting the Electric Picnic up they've just been added to the line up, but we shant mention the Picnic round these parts.

I landed on Tuesday and hopped on tube and went for lunch with an old friend in Spittalfields. We dined in a place called Leon and it was yummy. I then trundled around the city with a video camera in tow picking up shots for another Fringe show called Who is Fergus Kilpatrick?

I love the tube. Everytime im on it i feel compelled to say the following 'I'm a smartie - in a tube' - i know im a dork.

Met up with my gig buddy Emer and we hooked up with another bud in Soho and had some well deserved pints and chats.

Stayed in a hostel in Kings Cross called Clink. It was mad - it used to be an old couthouse and we were staying in a twin room that was an ACTUAL prison cell. We laughed.

Yesterday we had brekfeast in Camden and i had a pretty tasty Chai Latte (if anyone knows where to get a good Chai in Dublin let me know, im in search of the best one) although i had difficulty finishing it due to my huge hangover.

Anyways im back now and am eagerly anticipating rehearsals. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment